Elgin Associates work with biosolids contractors to coordinate all aspects of biosolids management, including biosolids classification, lagoon sludge surveys, land suitability surveys, and regulatory approvals.
- Biosolids classification to inform disposal or reuse options;
- Sludge volume surveys, including boats and equipment for sampling lagoons;
- Survey of receiving agricultural land for suitability to receive biosolids, including land identification, soil testing, farmer liaison and calculation of spreading rates;
- Obtaining regulatory (EPA) approvals and liaison with local stakeholders
- Coordinating with contractors for removal and spreading of biosolids on agricultural land, composting or disposal to landfill.