Freshwater Ecology, Water and Sediments
Elgin Associates specialise in freshwater ecology, water and sediment assessments, including aquatic flora and fauna surveys, rapid bioassessment, impact assessments, compliance monitoring and habitat mapping. This includes a variety of inland aquatic environments including rivers, floodplains, wetlands, and urban streams.
Our services include:
- Aquatic Flora and Fauna Surveys;
- Stream health assessments using AUSRIVAS Australian River Assessment System methodology
- Food web assessments and sampling and analysis of freshwater biota for bioaccumulative contaminants, including PFAS, heavy metals and organochlorines;
- Water quality assessments for stormwater runoff, receiving rivers and streams and catchment monitoring;
- Sediment quality assessments, including sediment coring and grab sampling for sediment contaminants and secondary contaminant source areas;
- Riparian and wetland condition assessments; and,
- Assessment of the performance of Water Sensitive Urban Design wetlands to improve stormwater quality.