Elgin Associates has extensive experience in environmental site assessment, remediation and risk management for audit or due diligence purposes. Our services include:
- Phase 1 Environmental Site Assessments to establish site history, site setting and identify contaminants of potential concern;
- Phase 2 Environmental Site Assessments to assess soil and groundwater quality across a site and to form a conceptual site model on extent of contamination, routes of exposure and potential receptors at risk.
- Site remediation and validation, including removal of underground fuel tanks, validation of excavations and classification of contaminated soils for treatment or disposal.
- Preparation of Environmental Management Plans for site construction works and ongoing site operations.
- Sediment quality assessments for Ports and Harbour works and assessing impacts from groundwater discharge zones, stormwater drainage and mine dewatering processes.
Soil and sediment testing projects
- Regional and targeted groundwater monitoring events in the Melbourne Ports Precinct, for Port of Melbourne Corporation;
- Lease due diligence environmental site assessment, Anderson Rd, West Melbourne, for Port of Melbourne Corporation;
- Sediment quality monitoring during harbour redevelopment works of Queenscliff Harbour, Victoria, for Draper Civil Construction and Compass Environmental;
- Sediment quality assessment of wetland system constructed to treat mine wastewater, Beaconsfield, Tasmania, for Allstate Exploration and Coffey Environments;
Elgin Associates staff are members of the Environment Institute of Australia and New Zealand (EIANZ) and the Australasian Land and Groundwater Association (ALGA).