Elgin Associates specialise in freshwater ecology, water and sediment assessments, including aquatic flora and fauna surveys, rapid bioassessment, impact assessments, compliance monitoring and habitat mapping. This includes a variety of inland aquatic environments including rivers, floodplains, wetlands, and urban streams.
Our services include:
- Aquatic Flora and Fauna Surveys;
- Stream health assessments using AUSRIVAS Australian River Assessment System methodology
- Food web assessments and sampling and analysis of freshwater biota for bioaccumulative contaminants, including PFAS, heavy metals and organochlorines;
- Water quality assessments for stormwater runoff, receiving rivers and streams and catchment monitoring;
- Sediment quality assessments, including sediment coring and grab sampling for sediment contaminants and secondary contaminant source areas;
- Riparian and wetland condition assessments; and,
- Assessment of the performance of Water Sensitive Urban Design wetlands to improve stormwater quality.