Elgin Associates has extensive project experience working in coastal estuarine systems, including studies of Ramsar wetlands, habitat mapping, estuarine health and eutrophication assessments.
Our services include:
• Estuary process studies, including physical processes and biological communities;
• Ecological Character Descriptions (ECDs) and Ramsar Information Sheets for the Logan Lagoon (Tas) Ramsar site
• Preparation of estuary management plans;
• Habitat mapping using GIS aerial photograph referencing and field survey ground truthing;
• Estuarine water and sediment quality, informing catchment managers and issues such as eutrophication and algal blooms;
• Estuary water column profiling and discrete interval sampling, including testing for water stratification and presence of anoxic zones;
• Food web assessments and sampling of estuary biota for bioaccumulative contaminants, including PFAS, heavy metals and organochlorines;
• Preparation of NSW Review of Environmental Factors
• Development approval applications for estuary foreshore infrastructure, such as jetties, wharves and revetments.